Down Community Transport, services are available to individual’s and not-for-profit groups.
If you have no car, limited mobility, little or no access to public transport then DCT can offer a transport solution to suit you.
If you are part of a local community group and transport costs for activities are a problem, DCT may have a solution.
They have a choice of vehicles to deliver services including fully accessible minibuses, and volunteer cars. They are supported by our Social Enterprise, Down Town Transport that provides private hire work and all profit earned is reinvested back into community transport.
All their drivers have been Access NI checked and are fully trained (including MiDAS) to a high standard
DCT services include
- Dial a Lift
- Volunteer Car Scheme
- Group Transport
DCT are always looking for volunteers to help deliver their vital services. If you think you would be interested in becoming part of the team please contact their office
DCT also offers;
Dial a Lift?
- A door-to-door service for individuals who live in the Down, Ards and North Down area.
- Operates between 8am & 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Can be used to access employment, training, local services such as GP, chemist, shopping, visit friends, recreational facilities
- Can be used to attend appointments at Hospital
- Translink Smart Pass holders can access free or half fare travel through funding from DARD
- Minibuses available for hire for member groups
- With or without a driver
- Mostly fully accessible vehicles
- Current groups include older people, youth groups, community associations, sporting groups, church groups, local charities.
More information on any of DCT’s services is available upon request.
Anyone wishing to use DCT transport services must become a member so please contact their office for a membership form
Call: 028 4461 6323