The benefits of joining County Down Rural Community Network
Being a member of County Down Rural Community Network entitles you to the following:
- Research, advice and information on issues affecting rural communities
- One stop source of contacts with statutory, community and voluntary sector and private sector
- Direct help organising press launches, conferences, training, events and meetings
- Arrange training tailored to group needs
- Office services – FREE or cost price to member groups (photocopying, fax, word processing, e-mail, scanning, report writing and binding)
- Loan or hire of PA systems, data projector, display boards etc for member groups
- Internet access
- Regular circulars to members (“Network Notes in Down and Ards Update in Rural Ards) having first sifted and summarised the majority of relevant information etc. Provides up-to-date information on funding and relevant issues affecting groups
- Help/advice with form filling, grant applications etc.
- Allow member groups to play a part in the “consultation” exercises currently going on. Groups can speak with a louder voice alongside over 80 similar groups in Down & Ards
- Give groups the opportunity to see best practice and generate new ideas through familiarisation trips and networking events
- Regular network events on a range of themes and issues e.g members events, community workers forum, senior citizens forum
- Community representation on a range of partnerships and organisations e.g Ards and Down Strategy Partnerships, Mourne Heritage Trust, Community Safety Partnerships etc.