Grants of between £500 and £2,500 are available to registered charities and not for profit organisations that are based in areas in the UK where Tesco has stores.
Funding is available to provide practical benefits, such as equipment and resources for projects that directly benefit either health, sustainability or opportunities for young people. Projects that may receive support include the following:
- Improving diets and encouraging healthy eating.
- Involvement in sport and physical activity.
- Opportunities for young people:
- Education and training programmes which develop key skill that prepare young people for work, no matter what career they want to pursue.
- Support to vulnerable, disengaged groups and young people in long term unemployment.
- Learning programmes for young people with disabilities.
- Access to information, skills and opportunities young people need to start successful careers.
- Environmental sustainability:
- Helping people reduce the amount of food they throw away at home.
- Helping people recycle more or save more energy or water.
- Local eco initiatives in the community that contribute to global environmental impact.
- Projects that encourage sustainable living.
- Wildlife conservation projects.
The deadline for applications is 24 April 2015.