What We Do
- Ongoing support and advice to help groups in their development
- Research and advice on issues affecting rural communities
- Provide and arrange training opportunities tailored to your groups needs i.e. capacity building, financial management, committee roles and procedures etc
- Facilitate and support representation and influence of rural communities through the articulation of the rural voice .
- Create networking opportunities for groups to meet and share experiences
- Support in accessing funding
- Regular news bulletins for Down and Ards detailing opportunities available to your group
- Support in arranging community activities, i.e. fun days, press launches, etc.
- Office services – FREE or cost price to member groups i.e. photocopying, fax, word processing, e-mail, scanning, report writing and binding
- Create best practice visits which provides opportunities for your group to generate new ideas.
Since its inception in 1995, as the only umbrella group for the rural community in the Ards and Down areas, County Down Rural Community Network has lobbied for and been asked to represent the community sector on many local partnerships.
CDRCN has always appreciated the value of partnership working in ensuring a range of agencies and organisations work together to deliver services in an efficient and effective manner to those areas that need them most and to implement solutions to complex social, economic and environmental concerns.